City of Beverly Hills Bureau of Fire Prevention and Public Safety regulations must be followed without exception. It is the responsibility of the contractor/vendor to produce scaled diagrams of the Production area. All necessary permits and approved diagrams must be submitted to the Hotel Event Services office for review 45 business days prior to load in. Assigned Event Manager will advise on any logistic, safety or equipment concerns.
All events which involve outside staging/draping and exhibit/demonstration diagrams are required to have written approval by the local Fire Marshal. It is the responsibility of the vendor/contractor to submit and obtain and pay for any processing fees. Four copies of final approved diagrams are to be submitted to the Event Services/Catering office at least 14 days prior to load-in. No vendor will be allowed to load-in without a Fire Marshal approved plan.
Name: Fire Marshal Greg Barton
Address: 445 N. Rexford Dr.
City/State/Zip: Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Email: Click Here
At no time may any egress to a designated exit be blocked or have any obstruction. No curtains, drapes, or decorations shall be hung in such as manner as to cover any exit signs. Adherence to all local fire codes will be the sole responsibility of the outside vendor. All additional “EXIT” signs must be illuminated and battery-operated.
1. In order to protect Group and the Hotel, the Group agrees to include the following Responsibility Clause in the exhibitor contract between Group and Exhibitor:
Exhibitor assumes responsibility and agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Hotel, Hilton Worldwide, Inc., and the Hotel’s Owner, and their respective owners, managers, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents (collectively, “Hotel Parties”), and Group from and against any claims or expenses arising out of the use of the exhibition premises.
Exhibitor agrees to obtain and maintain during the use of the exhibition premises, Comprehensive General Liability Insurance, including contractual liability covering the Exhibitor’s indemnity in this Responsibility Clause. Such insurance shall be in the amount of not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit for personal injury and property damage. The Hotel, Hilton Worldwide, Inc. the Hotel’s Owner, and each of such entities’ owners, subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Hotel Parties”) and Group shall be named as additional insureds on such policy, and Exhibitor shall supply the Hotel with Certificates of Insurance at least 30 days prior to the use of the exhibition premises.
The Exhibitor understands that neither the Group nor the Hotel Parties maintain insurance covering the Exhibitor's property and it is the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor to obtain such insurance.
2. Prior to finalizing exhibitors’ kits, a copy must be sent to the Hotel Event Manager for approval.
3. As AVT is the official in-house A/V provider for the Beverly Hilton they are to be included as the A/V contractor in all exhibitors’ kits, unless the client has confirmed use of another A/V company for their events at the hotel. (See separate exhibitor’s kit forms)
4. The Beverly Hilton has in-house telephone, electrical and Internet, all order forms must be included in all exhibitors’ kits. (See separate exhibitor’s kit forms)
5. All exhibitor packages and freight must be handled by an Exposition/Drayage Company. This point should be emphasized in the exhibitors’ kit sent to the individual exhibitors. The hotel reserves the right to refuse all shipments sent to the hotel prior to the exhibit hall set-up date. If the exhibitor arranges with the hotel and the drayage company to have its shipment arrive on set-up date, it is the responsibility of the Exposition/Drayage company to take receipt and possession of the freight.
6. If the hotel elects to accept packages for exhibitors due to size of exhibit show. A package handling form must be included in the Exhibitor’s kit. (See separate exhibitor‘s kit forms)
FOOD & BEVERAGE
An outside food and beverage Hold Harmless form is required if any outside food and beverage is brought into the hotel for preparation by hotel personnel or the hotel is asked to serve pre-prepared food from an outside source in the exhibit area.
Freight elevator must be reserved 10 days prior to arrival with your Event Manager.
During vendor/contractor break periods, the freight elevators must be left empty so that the elevator may be used for other purposes.
#1 FREIGHT ELEVATOR (Santa Monica Dock)
For Access to: International & Beverly Hills Ballroom
Dimensions: 9’3” deep, 79” high and 70” wide
Door opening: 7’ high and 6’ wide
Capacity: 4,000 pounds
#1 SERVICE ELEVATORS (Santa Monica Dock)
For Access to: International & Beverly Hills Ballrooms
Elevator dimensions: 7’ 5” deep, 6’ 11 ½ “ high and 3’ 11 ½ “ wide
Capacity: 23 persons and 3,500 pounds
#2 FREIGHT ELEVATOR (Whittier Dock)
For Access to: Valet Parking Area
Dimensions: 8’deep, 7’ 7” high and 6’ 8” wide
Door opening: 7’ high and 6’ wide
Capacity: 3,000 pounds
HEATING AND THEATRICAL DISPLAYS
Use of Candles, fuels for heating food such as Sterno®, cooking stations using butane, lasers and fog machines are subject to federal, state or local regulation which shall be adhered to. It is the responsibility of vendor/contractor to obtain and pay for all permits. Permits must be submitted to Hotel Event Services offices 10 days prior to event.
A hold harmless agreement must be signed and submitted 30 days prior to event for any third parties providing service at the hotel.
A certificate of Insurance is required for all vendors working within the Beverly Hilton. The following are the minimum insurance requirements. Certificate must be submitted to hotel event/catering manager 30 days prior to event. *Please see “Hold Harmless Agreement” for required coverage.
General Insurance Language Requirements
Please be sure to include the following:
1. KeyCorp Real Estate Capital Markets, Inc. d/b/a KeyBank Real Estate Capital as Master Servicer in trust for Bank of America, National Association, as Trustee for the Credit Suisse First Boston Mortgage Securities Corp. Commercial Mortgage Pass-Through Certificates, Series 2006-TFL2.
2. Hilton Worldwide, Inc. and each of its respective subsidiary companies, affiliated companies and parent companies of every tier and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives and assignees.
3. Oasis West Realty LLC, and each of its subsidiary companies, affiliated companies and parent companies of every tier and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives and assignees.
4. Such other entities or individuals as Owner may designate from time to time.
Certificate Holder should read:
The Beverly Hilton
9876 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
To maintain compliance with us, please forward the Certificate of Insurance to my attention as soon as possible. If you prefer, you may fax the certificate to (310) 887-6013.
Load in and out must be scheduled and confirmed with the hotel’s event department no later than 10 days prior to event start date.
Additionally, to maintain the integrity of the building, a hotel engineer will be scheduled for all hours of load in/out at the hourly rate of:
Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (except holidays)
Mon - Fri, 4 p.m. - 12 a.m.
| || |
Mon-Fri, 12am-8am & Holidays/OT
| || || |
This will be charged directly to the group master unless otherwise directed to be pre-paid by the outside vendor.
Protective Floor boards (masonite) or carpet mask must be provided by the vendor and used when moving in drayage or any other heavy freight into the ballrooms. All boards must be in place before drayage may be brought to event space. Protective boards may not be stored on the loading dock
Walk Through Report for Load In/Out:
A hotel representative will schedule to conduct a walk through of all areas for load in, set up and event in advance of load in to document the condition of space. Contractor is required to participate in the walk through and sign off on the report prior to load in. At the conclusion of the event, after load out, a walk through will be conducted to document condition of space. Contractor is required to participate in the walk through and sign off on the report prior to departure.
Any damages to the areas and facilities utilized by the contractor/vendor will be the responsibility of the contractor/vendor; estimated repair costs will be quoted by a Hotel representative in writing to said contractor/vendor. Estimated repair costs will be the sole responsibility of the contractor/vendor; full payment will be required prior to departure. A copy of the report will be provided to contractor/vendor, hotel security, hotel finance and contracting group representative.
The hotel Loading Dock is located in Santa Monica Blvd for access to the Beverly Hills and International Ballroom and/or Exhibit Hall. A schedule of load-in/load-out times must be submitted to the Catering or Event Services office no less than 10 days prior to start date for all activities, including all sub-contractors that have been hired by the vendor.
SANTA MONICA LOADING DOCK:
1. The Loading Dock is 1st 9’ high and 13’ 6” wide & 2nd 9’ high and 9’ 5” wide
2. The Loading Dock has 2 bay(s). Both bays will accommodate a tractor-trailer 50’ in length and 13' 6” in height.
3. The bay(s) do not have hydraulic ramps
WHITTIER LOADING DOCK:
1. The Loading Dock is 1st 9’ high and 13’ 6” wide & 2nd 9’ high and 9’ 5” wide
2. The Loading Dock has 2 bay(s). Both bays will accommodate a tractor-trailer 40’ in length and 9’ in height. (OPEN ROOF)
3. The bay(s) do not have hydraulic ramps
The contractor /vendor must supply their own transportation devices (to include: flatbed trucks, forklifts, electric and manual pallet jacks, packaging materials and equipment) to move equipment in and out; carts or lifts should be electrical. It is imperative that the vendor provide sufficient amounts of equipment to move the drayage as it is against hotel regulations to lend any hotel equipment to outside contractors or vendors.
When designing stage sets, screens, draping, etc., safe and proper access into ballroom areas from back service corridors must be established. Safe access paths into each room must be created; obstruction by equipment, cables, A/V cases, etc. will not be allowed.
Hotel will not handle or move vendor monitors, computers, TV or any technology equipment.
Upon approval of the loading dock manager, trucks and containers may be temporarily parked at the Hotel Loading Dock and must be removed as soon as they are emptied. Vehicles used in the delivery, transportation, or storage of equipment cannot be left on Hotel property overnight. Arrangements for removal of vehicles or containers will remain the responsibility of the contractor/vendor. Any vehicles left on Hotel property overnight, without written hotel approval, will be towed at the vendor’s expense.
Based on availability, permit truck parking is available on the Santa Monica sidewalk. If the vendor would like to use this area, they must apply for a parking permit from the city. All charges for the permits will be responsibility of the vendor.
Day/overnight parking for any vendor/exhibitor vehicles will not be permitted on hotel premises. It is the responsibility of each vendor/exhibitor to arrange appropriate parking accommodations.
Additional security may be required for particulars events. The Beverly Hilton Security officers are all CPR certified and familiar with the hotel property.
In-house security may be hired at the rate of $65.00 per hour, per officer. Please contact the hotel’s event manager 14 days prior to schedule any security requirements.
Third Party Security Requirements
1. Every Contract Security Officer coming on duty, shall sign in & out at the Beverly Hilton Security Control Station on a daily basis.
2. No Contract Security Officer shall carry a firearm on the premises.
3. The Contract Security Company shall sign a “Hold Harmless agreement” with the hotel. (See separate Hold Harmless Agreement for security)
4. The Contract Security Company shall provide an Insurance Policy with the minimum amount of Five Million Dollars naming the Beverly Hilton and Hilton Worldwide as co-insured’s.
5. The Contract Security Company shall provide proof of Workers Compensation (Minimum: $1,000,000) to include Personal Injury which includes False Arrest; Detention; Imprisonment, or Malicious Prosecution; Libel; Slander; Defamation; Violation of Right of Privacy; Wrongful entry of eviction or other Invasion of Right to Privacy Occupation.
6. The Contract Security Company shall provide a current copy of the company’s Patrol Operators (PPO) license.
7. The Contract Security Company shall provide to the Beverly Hilton the contracted schedule of when and where all security officers will be located no later than 48 hours prior to the event start date.
Storage space for outside vendors/contractors will be the sole responsibility of the selected vendor. The Beverly Hilton will make every effort to secure space, once notification is given, but is under no obligation to provide such space. If space is available, the vendor will be charged published rental for such space. No equipment or cases are to remain in the “back of the house" areas at any time. Any empty cases are to be removed from the hotel and brought back for load-out.
The contractor/vendor is held completely responsible for leaving the facility or facilities utilized in the same condition prior to load-in. This will include disposal of trash, pros, cardboard boxes, etc. and vacuuming of room (exhibits), service elevator landings and hallways used to access exhibit/function areas.
It is the sole responsibility of the Exposition/Drayage Company to clean exhibitor booths. The Exposition/Drayage Company may arrange to have the aisles only cleaned by the hotel staff at a charge of $10 per square foot per day. Excessive trash removal will be charged accordingly. Otherwise, it will be the responsibility of the Exposition/Drayage Company to clean the aisles, unless indicated differently in the Hotel sales contract with the client. Arrangements for hotel staff services as indicated above must be requested at least two weeks prior to opening of Exhibit Hall.
The hotel will turn over a clean, cleared and vacuumed exhibition hall to the Exposition/Drayage Company on the date of set-up. In return, the exhibition hall must be given back to the hotel in the same condition (clean, cleared and VACUUMED) at the time that is outlined in the client’s contract. If the Exposition/Drayage Company goes beyond the contracted time without prior written authorization from the hotel, there will be a charge of $200 per hour, for every hour the vendor goes over the contracted time. If the Exposition/Drayage Company does not give the hotel the exhibition hall back clean, cleared and vacuumed, there will be a $1500 fee charged to the Exposition/Drayage Company. The Exposition/Drayage Company will not be allowed to work on hotel property again, until the above charges are paid in full.
The undersigned is an authorized Agent of Contractor and has read and agreed to all terms of conditions to perform services on hotel property.
Name of Vendor/Contractor:
Dated: __________________ ________________